Friday, August 20, 2010

HOME is where the HEART is

Yesterday, I left work around lunchtime, headed to the airport and flew HOME!!!!

I'm home for a super quick trip, hence the flying not driving.
I left Charlotte, flew to Cleveland, Ohio since I was unable to find a direct flight (I only booked my ticket early Tuesday morning) had a 37 minute layover (which looking back was a bit crazy since I had to switch planes and gates but luckily we landed 15 minutes early so it all worked out) and was off to the Philadelphia airport.

It's only about an hour and a half from the Philly airport to my Mom's house, so really, with all of the flying and driving I still made it home quicker by air!

However, the BEST part of the trip was landing in Philly and walking to meet my Mom. We were on the phone trying to find one another since I wasn't exactly sure where she was and I was just following the massive group of people assuming they were all headed to the parking lot. I thought she was alone because based on our calls/texts throughout the day, she was alone.

But....








I was wrong! She brought T, K and their Mom, C!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As you can see in the first picture, I was VERY excited/surprised/happy!

After we rode on the "moving sidewalk" and found the car, we headed to a super fancy dinner at Applebees.


We happened to sit in a large round booth and we were talking about all of the pictures by us. T was really excited about the Superman photo to the right of my head.

After much discussing, T decided he wanted to MEET Superman. So we looked up his address because it was VERY important to know where Superman lives.


As of 9:00 this morning, T has already written his letter to Superman. We are going to put it in the mail and hope that Superman writes back! They are coming over to swim in a little bit (with little J who is only 21 months old and just a bit too little for the airport craziness) and it's off to mail that letter to Superman!
Hope everyone has a GREAT Friday!!! I know I will!!!!!

1 comment: