Sunday, August 8, 2010

Happy Birthday America! 5 weeks late

I LOVE July 4th.
It is probably my favorite holiday!
I LOVE fireworks!
I love wearing RED, WHITE AND BLUE.
I love Patriotic songs and gosh darn it I am PROUD to be an American and I proudly declare, "God Bless America"
So with a welcoming Patriotic Snack/Centerpiece
and a picnic basket and cooler, Stephanie, Marcus and I decided to enjoy the July 4th rendition of Pops in the Park!
With half, if not all of Charlotte....




I thought it was neat that someone hung this flag in the bushes.


While we didn't have VIP seats.....we still had a GRAND Ol time! Seriously though, I tried to become the guest conductor but for some reason they didn't like my answer to the question "What does the Charlotte Symphony mean to you?" or my answer to the question "What is your favorite Patriotic song?" Fear not, I'm already planning for next year! ha!
The Charlotte Symphony Orchestra was awesome!
The people next to us had cool sparklers. I think the last time I "played" with sparklers we were at my Grandparents for 4th of July festivities! Gramma always bought sparklers and poppers!
Sadly we didn't think to take a group picture until it was dark and we were packing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment