Monday, February 15, 2010

Wallum

My senior year of college I lived in an apartment with 5 other gals. We lived next to 6 guys that we were all friends with. It was by far the best living arrangement of my undergraduate career.

In our apartment we had a wallum. What is a wallum you may ask? It's a wall, that we dubbed the wallum after the quolum. A quolum is a column that you put quotes on, making it a quolum. So a wallum is a wall that you put quotes on.

Exhibit A:


It started probably the 2nd day we were all back to start our Senior Year. We started writing things down and decided that the wall in between two of our rooms was the perfect spot for the wallum. So, when anyone said anything really funny, inspiring, profound, dumb or just off the wall (no pun intended) it was written on an index card. Funny thing, after we had a few we redid the wallum with neon index cards and made a pattern. The wallum stayed up August-May. I was the last one to move out of our apartment and I must say, taking down all the index cards was the saddest part of moving out after graduation. However, I kept all of the cards. Tonight, I'm going to start to e-mail the gals I lived with a quote from the wallum. I think this is a great way to keep in touch and reminisce. We are scattered all over the place....2 of us are working/living in NC, 1 is looking for a job and living in Ohio, 1 in working in Maryland, 1 is in graduate school in Virginia and 1 is doing mission work in Lebanon. I think this will be a great way to reconnect!

I'm so excited! And yes, at certain times I often think that something someone says would make it to the wallum!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this with a capital L....would that make it on the WALLUM? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Fun!!

    I love that you are going to e-mail them to all your girls. My college gals are also spread out all over. The four of us that all met freshmen year are still best friends even though we're all over now. Two of us in NC, one in Kentucky and one in Washington state. I'm meeting NC and Washington State tonight for supper - in Chapel Hill :) SO EXCITED!

    I'm sure your girls will definitely appreciate the wallum e-mails :)

    ReplyDelete