Monday, February 22, 2010

untitled

Sometimes, things happen that we don't understand.

Late this evening, I found out some news that I found to be very depressing to the point I was literally sick to my stomach. However, it was late. On a Sunday night. Now that I've shared my blog with my Mom (yes, I started in November and didn't tell her I had a blog until January and I didn't give her the website until a few weeks ago in a moment of "it's been snowing forever" weakness, and well, I thought she had plenty of time to catch up since she was stuck inside) I feel like I should mention that since it wasn't a life or death piece of information, I wasn't going to bother her.

Anyway, this information really upset me so I sent an e-mail to my best "new" friend in the QC, who I hang out with often and who knows this particular story...she responded right away. We talked about things for a good hour and while I'm still upset, I feel better. Sometimes God works in amazing ways to bring certain people into our lives, and my above mentioned friend is a true blessing in more ways than one.

In a moment of sadness I started to clean my bathroom (yes, at midnight) and do another load of laundry. But I also got to thinking somewhere between scrubbing the toilet bowl and switching the towels from the washer to the dryer, how blessed I am.

Here, I'm upset over something almost trivial, but still very important and I have a bathroom to clean, laundry to do, a job to go to, a car to drive, food to eat and a roof over my head.

It's funny the things we take for granted. What we define as important someone else defines as trivial. What I find to be upsetting, someone else might think is a blessing.

I guess there is always the silver lining to every situation...you just have to look for it.

2 comments:

  1. I don't watch the show but just the few times that I have seen it, I think you're right. They definitely know what's important in life!

    ReplyDelete