Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I probably shouldn't have a blog

Really, I'd like to apologize to the 2 readers that I have. I probably don't deserve to blog! I'm bad at it. I really don't have interesting family stories, adorable kids that I get to spend time with throughout the week, a boyfriend or really anything fun and exciting to report.

I like to cook and bake but really that's not so much fun when you're doing it for one. But, I do love cookbooks and finding new recipes so I've decided to post my all time favorite cold weather, rainy day, taste of home (as in where my mom lives, not the amazing magazine/book of goodies)go to recipe!! I hope you love it as much as I do!

Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry
courtesy of Campbell's. Yea, it's MMMMMM GOOD!

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak or beef top round steak, 3/4-inch thick, cut into thin strips (what mom normally does is grill a london broil or steak and we eat that one day and the next we have beef & broccoli...God Bless leftovers!)
1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup (it's ok to use the heart healthy/reduced sodium)
3 tablespoons soy sauce (I'm partial to La Choy low sodium)
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder (or if we have minced garlic in the fridge we use that)
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (yea, pretty sure we've never added this)
3 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets (mmmmmm!!!!)
4 cups hot cooked rice (brown or white)

Directions:
1.Heat the oil in a 10-inch pan over medium-high heat. Add the beef. If it's already cooked just warm it up, if it's raw, cook it til it's lightly browned.
2.Stir the tomato soup, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic powder (or minced) and pepper (or not) in the pan and heat to a boil. Stir in the broccoli and cook until it's tender-crisp (I tend to like the broccoli nice and tender, not so crisp, but that's just me).
Serve over the rice.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. So, yum, I love a good, new recipe. See, you don't have to have a baby or a boyfriend to keep your readers! I was about to scold you for not updating Delaware!!!

    ReplyDelete