Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas in Delaware!

Merry Christmas Blog World!

I hope everyone has had a fantastic day! I ventured to Delaware on Tuesday...the drive took way too long thanks to remaining snow issues, construction and general traffic...not to mention the Pepsi truck that split in half and was on the side of the road...not really sure what happened and couldn't find a news article but I just hope everyone was ok! I had all intents and purposes to write an "I'm blogging from Delaware" post when I finally made it home but I couldn't remember my web address. Really, in my defense, I've got my blog saved in my favorites so I just always click on it! Well, my laptop was reformatted and I "lost" all of the wireless info for my mom's house and brother can't remember it so I've been using Mom's computer. So yes, today I googled my blog title, and some key words and wa-la! I'm back!

Anyway, we hosted our annual family/friends Christmas Eve fun appetizers/dinner gathering last night before church and attended a great Christmas Eve service. It's been a running addition to the Christmas Eve sermon each year that the pastor has wanted a 42" flat screen, plasma tv and it's always incorporated into the sermon somehow. Well, this year, S, the next generation pastor, and his wife, got the tv in September/October so naturally, everyone was wondering what the sermon would be about. It began with the background of the quest for the tv (this way those visiting knew what was going on) and a picture of the tv in his living room and transitioned into a Seinfeld clip from the label maker episode when Elaine gave Tim Watley a label maker and he re gifted it to Jerry. Essentially, the sermon was all about re gifting and about how God gifts us 3 main gifts and how we should re gift them to others and all of that fun stuff. It was neat. It is COLD in Delaware, but it was nice walking out of church with snow still on the ground...a good feel for Christmas!

Today we opened presents, had a great dinner with my grandparents and now the grandparents are gone and we are just hanging out watching tv.

Hope everyone else has had a great day with their family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. Merry Merry Delaware! Glad you are getting to spend Christmas with family. It was a rainy day in the Queen City on Christmas day so you didn't miss out on a pretty Christmas day! But we had a great one and E.C. had a ball!! Have a safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete