Friday, July 9, 2010

The Proposal

...was a FANTASTIC movie! I literally could watch it over and over again. In fact, I did! I saw it in the theater with my friends here in NC, went home to DE and took my Mom and Grandmother and saw it in the theater, rented it from Red Box and watched it by myself and watched it again with Steph and her family.

But this post isn't about that movie. It's about popping THE question. A few weeks ago, or maybe it was months ago, Kelly did a "Share your Proposal" post. I read a few of them and some were amazing...really, I want to go back and read all of them. But I also wanted to post my own proposal stories.

Of course, I am not married nor am I engaged.

But, I have friends that are married or engaged and so I want to share their stories!

April and Keith got engaged March 26, 2005 in Florida at Ks brothers house.
K sent A out on an Easter egg hunt in the back yard and the eggs were all lines to a poem K wrote for A. The last 2 eggs read "I can't imagine you not in my life..." and as Keith was down on one knee, April was reading the last one "Will you be my wife?"
They were married May 27, 2006


Audrey and Jack got engaged September 20, 2007 at the Duke botanical gardens.
A was under the assumption that she was going to an art preview party thing and was all dressed up and as she walked up the stairs through the garden, J was at the top in a tux surrounded by flowers and candles.
They were married September 20, 2008...which was special since they received their high school rings on September 20, an engagement ring September 20 and lastly a wedding ring September 20!

Steph and Marcus got engaged December 6, 2009 in some garden in Charlotte.
M convinced S that they needed to take pictures together to send a Christmas card to their family and friends. Since M had booked the photographer, he told S they should do individual pics for Facebook! HA! As S sat on a rock smiling for the camera by herself, M came around and as she looked over he was on one knee. They have pictures of the entire proposal!
They are getting married September 5, 2010

Claire and Dave got engaged December 23, 2009 at the Biltmore.
He basically just asked her. Flat out!
They are getting married July 24, 2010


Shannon and Jimmy got engaged in October 2008 at the Biltmore.
It was cute. The dessert tray had "Will you marry me?" written in chocolate.
They got married October 24, 2009

Brittany and Michael just got engaged June 18, 2010 in Seattle.
B was there on business and M flew out and surprised her! She may or may not have "won" a trip to the Space Needle for this to occur!
They are getting married December 31, 2010...which is fitting since they met December 31, 2008!

Just thought I'd share!

1 comment:

  1. Fun!
    I love proposal stories too :)
    And the movie??
    Seriously...one of my favorites! I LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete