Friday, July 16, 2010

Just a Small Town Girl, Living in the Queen City!

I adore reading Kelly's Korner. Her posts are amazing! I was really excited when she mentioned for "SUYL" that she would be posting about Single Guys. I thought it was cute how she prefaced everything and gave that topic her all.

My Mom and I were talking last night about this topic as I mentioned that it would be nice to know a guy in Charlotte that I could call if I "hypothetically" needed to pick up a helium tank after work today for an event at work tomorrow....because apparently they are heavy, awkward to handle and well, heavy! Being the mother that she is, she gave me the "God's plan/timing/waiting/patience" speech. :) love you mom! But she also encouraged me to read the links. I talked to mother again this morning and she had mentioned that she already saw over 50 people had participated but she didn't have time to read anything yet. She did mention that it would be cool if I participated. So, here goes nothing!

I'm Megan. I live and work in Charlotte, NC but I'm from The First State...Delaware! I'm commonly referred to as Delaware for the purpose of this blog ;)


I LOVE sports. To watch, not so good with the whole playing thing! College Basketball is my passion. Seriously, I've been known to spend a lot of time in a car to get to a game and always have a blast! Naturally, attending a game in person is the best experience but I've also been known to watch college football/basketball/baseball on tv and occasionally golf. I'm not that into professional sports, but with my current occupation I have been blessed to meet many pro and former college athletes!
I LOVE kids! I was a nanny for a few years and loved every moment of it. I miss these kiddos terribly!
My friends and family mean the world to me. I've been extremely blessed with a great group of friends from all walks of life.






While I'm a self described "church hopper", I loved my High School Sunday School class and participating in Young Life. I still keep in contact with my High School Sunday School teacher.
That's all I can think of for now! Hope everyone has fun!

5 comments:

  1. You are so cute! I placed on of our best single guy friend's up on my blog. :) He loves UNC basketball! Check him out!
    http://theburtonsspot.blogspot.com/2010/07/sweet-southern-gentleman-from-big-blue_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....and Delaware would be a great catch! I know her personally...what a great girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am from Charlotte too and am trying to talk a guy friend into letting me do a post about him today! :) And, this is random but you look familiar - we may have run into each other in Charlotte before! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just an easy going guy from NW Arkansas. I enjoy spending time with friends and family. I also love being outside and being active. I believe in treating "my girl" as a queen. My joy comes from knowing that she is happy. I lead a bible study on a weekly basis for a group in my singles department and love it!

    You have a very beautiful smile and your eyes are amazing! I wouldn't mind learning more if you wouldn't! If you are interested, shoot me an email at currierchris@yahoo.com. I hope your day is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is great,I hope that my son will take a look! Just in case I can't convince him to play along, I put up a link for him:) He is number 144 on Kellys. (Sorry if I posted this comment before, I didn't see it showing up so decided to try again!)

    ReplyDelete