Friday, July 23, 2010

Claire and Dave!

I was (and still am) friends with Dave.

I was (and still am) friends with Claire.

*this picture makes me laugh because the entire time we were in Charlotte for the Sweet 16 games EVERYONE kept asking us if we were going to be in the Holiday Inn commercial! If UT had won their game, Carolina would've played Tennessee instead of UNC playing Louisville and since it was March Madness, the Holiday Inn rival commercial had been playing.


Claire and I went to see Bride Wars together the afternoon it opened. After the movie, we attempted to mock Kate Hudson and Anne Hathaway but we couldn't seem to get the stance correct and have their movie poster in the background due to lighting issues...but you get the idea!

Looking back, my favorite part of this picture is that I am wearing black and Carolina Blue, which happens to be their wedding colors!

But one night in December, Claire and I went to the Elon vs College of Charleston Men's Basketball game at Elon University. It was quite the adventure to say the least! :) Actually, this story would not be complete without mentioning that Claire was very intrigued by the Cruz Thru and the dapper gentleman that was working very "politely" asked her "could you hurry up cuz it's cold outside" She bought an expensive bag of chips that she didn't even like due to being rushed!


Due to some construction and it being dark, I "knew" where we were going but the construction threw me off and we ended up getting a little lost (ironically 2 weeks after this I received a GPS for Christmas which helped immensely when we went to the Davidson vs Elon game in January!) We finally made our way to campus and found a parking lot but was told it was full and we weren't allowed to park there. Well, we turned in to the parking lot to turn around and happened to find a few empty spaces in the back corner. Being the gals that we are, I decided to leave a note so that Claire's car wouldn't get towed in case we really weren't supposed to park in the spot we found! I mean we had a game to get to! Priorities people! Little did we both know that even though we missed tip off, I'm really good at picking people out of a crowd and noticed Dave and his brother sitting behind the Elon bench all the way across the gym! During half time, I decided we should go say hi since I hadn't seen them in over a year.
Little did we all know that on this December 2008 night, they would both meet their soul mates! Claire and Dave got engaged December 2009 and get married THIS WEEKEND!!!!!

I am SO excited for them and so blessed to be a part of their special day! I'm also really excited that we are wearing black dresses and Carolina Blue shoes! Woo hoo! This picture makes me chuckle because it's so random but I can't wait to take part in the wedding festivities!



And this is a random sign that I happened to take a picture of that same week that I introduced Dave and Claire! God is great!
So there you have it. Claire and Dave are getting married this weekend and I couldn't be happier for them! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!


"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."


1 Corinthians 13:4-7

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! Full of so much excitement for your friends!!! Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so intrigued by the Cruz Thru too!
    When I started dating Worker Man I asked him to drive me through just so I could get the experience. Isn't it the weirdest thing??

    ReplyDelete