Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sadness

I'm part "creature of habit" part "OCD" and part "extremely organized".
Really, I become flustered when my routine is off balance.

With that being said, I discovered that my FAVORITE breakfast item, in my favorite brand and favorite flavor is being.....gasp.......discontinued.

Now, you should probably know that for a year or so I ate 3 Eggo Nutri Grain Whole Wheat pancakes with just butter for breakfast every morning.

Once our store stopped carrying them, I switched to eating 2 Eggo Nutri Grain Whole Wheat waffles OR Eggo Nutri Grain Whole Wheat Blueberry Waffles,plain, each morning.

With the recent issues that Eggo is having with their plants and equipment, the breakfast items that I purchased are not being produced. It's depressing.

So, once Eggo had so many production issues, I went back to bagels for breakfast.

I LOVE these:



Nothing fancy. Just Lowes Food, pre-sliced, frozen, wheat bagels. They remind me of the way Lenders bagels in the red bag in the frozen food section used to taste. I LOVE them! I have a bagel, toasted, with butter each morning. Sometimes I have one for a snack.

Imagine my sadness when I went to buy another bag of bagels and saw a "CLOSEOUT" "$0.99" sticker above my beloved bagels. Granted, I was ELATED to pay under $1.00 for them but also sad.

Fear not, I marched up to the Customer Service desk and asked what the deal was. The manager said it could be a label/logo/packaging change but most likely with a "closeout" sticker it means they aren't coming back. That made me sad.

I think I'll write a letter to corporate. :)

But don't worry...I bought 4 bags. That should last me a week or so!

1 comment:

  1. That same thing always happes with lipsticks and lotions from bath and body works! I finally find my favorite - just in time to get addicted and then it be discontinued!! GUhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete