Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chicken.

So I went to Harris Teeter last night because it's literally right across the street.

I needed 3 things for a meal that I wanted to make in the crock pot today.

I didn't have a coupon for any of the items (but took my binder in with me just in case) I needed but I also need to eat dinner so I had to sacrifice saving money for this recipe! :)

HOWEVER....I was going to just buy chicken breasts that were fresh....until I turned around and saw a sign that read "Buy 1 get 2 FREE". Naturally I was a bit "scared" but after checking the expiration date on the bags and walking to the front of the store to ask Customer Service what the catch was, I learned that each bag was $4. So...for $12 and change I bought 9 pounds of Perdue boneless, skinless, frozen chicken breasts.

I was so excited. I felt like I won the food lottery.

I don't think I should have any problems with meal planning in the future. I may start to sprout feathers soon though! :)

1 comment: