Saturday, March 13, 2010

Where's the Beef?

The other night, ABC and I went to The Counter for dinner. We had planned on going to the Christian Chicken, but ABC went to The Counter Monday night and loved it so much we decided that I needed to try it too!

Well, I checked out the menu online, and now that I am addicted to fried pickles (thanks to my friend C, who introduced me to The Penguin), I couldn't wait to have some fried pickles!

This was the menu:


I liked it because there's essentially no way your order can be wrong! The funny thing is that you order fries/sweet potato fries/onion straws/fried pickles as a side but they come as an appetizer.


*I did decide that though the above pictured side was amazing because it wasn't greasy at all, the pickles were rather thick and not very greasy/salty which kind of took away from the taste. I think I'll stay true to the "take some napkins and sop up the grease" fried pickles at The Penguin!

This is what I ordered:


MMMM!!! A burger w/white cheddar cheese, pickles, lettuce and carrot straws. Cole slaw on the side and some ranch dressing for dipping! It was really good and I can't wait to go again and try something else!! Oh, and the Sweet Tea was great too!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of these places but I want to find them...YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete