Sunday, March 28, 2010

What I love about Sundays...

...really, I'm only posting about one of the things I LOVE about Sundays....


THE SUNDAY PAPER!


I have always been a lover of the Sunday paper. This love is in part for the color comics, in part for Parade and in part for the Target ad. But really, I'm in it for the COUPONS!

I love to clip coupons. I clip them for me. I clip them for friends. I clip them for my mom and I clip them for the family I used to nanny for (because let's face it, diapers are expensive, cold medicine is expensive and I don't eat certain cereals/snacks but they do and I just can't let a coupon go to waste!)


Normally, I clip the coupons and put them in a box. If I know I need something immediately and I've just clipped it, I won't put it in the box, I'll put it in my bag for when I go to the store. I pride myself on going through my coupon box before I go to the store to see if I have a coupon for anything on my list.


You must be told that I LOVE the words "sale" and "clearance" as much as "bogo" and "half off". I never let a coupon go to waste. Well, I take that back. I had to throw out some coupons because even though I love to buy paper towels and toilet paper when it's on sale and with a coupon, I currently have 2 unopened "bundles" of each (it's go bulk or go home with those products) and I just can't store another "bundle".


However, the amazingly smart and talented Jenny Lynn from http://grahamcrakas.blogspot.com/ (side note, I tried to make this a link using the link icon but it just didn't work...one day I'll be blog smart!) made a coupon binder a few posts ago and I decided to steal the idea!


So today, I went to Wal-Mart.


I searched the entire store and finally had to as the lady at the Customer Service desk where I could find baseball card holders. She told me to check back by the fish tanks. Genius! Because I was definitely thinking baseball cards belonged next to fish tanks and across from cat and dog food.

This is what I saw:


This is what I almost purchased:

looking back, this would've been super cool since it came with trading cards!


But then I saw these (the only pack mind you) just laying there waiting for me to take them home:



But first we said bye to the fish:



I came home and made this:


And organized it by food, cleaning products, personal hygiene and miscellaneous. I am PUMPED!

3 comments:

  1. Delaware,

    Your link to Jenny DOES work...You can't try it from where you post. It won't work that way. But, it does work for your readers!!

    And you go with the coupons!! I save them for Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!

    You are going to be SO excited - seriously - it has saved me so much money already!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl I am a die hard coupon clipper too! I have one of those plastic accordian type thingy that I have labled and it goes with me everywhere!

    ReplyDelete