Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Day Off

It's 9:00 on Saturday (insert Piano Man instrumental here) and I finally took a shower! I didn't have to go to work today since the store was closing early, however, I was rather productive today!

This is probably the most embarrassing picture I have ever posted on my blog. Really, I'm a bit OCD and like things to be neat and clean and smelling like lemon Clorox wipes til the "big clean" takes place.

This friends, is what my closet looked liked at about 2:00 today:



And this is what it looks like now! Ahhh, happiness!



You see, I live in an apartment and the majority of the things I own are either stored in this closet, under the bed or in the 5 case bookshelf that I got at Target on sale for $26 dollars and spent 3 hours putting together a few weeks ago. My closet did start out neat and tidy, but once I came back from Christmas and didn't really allow myself anytime to reorganize, things got ugly! You could say I'm short of space...it's ok. I'm aware. But I survive and am blessed to have a roof over my head!

After I cleaned out my closet, I made another "Megan Crock Pot Meal" that wasn't form a recipe. This time, I cooked some chicken breasts (of course in the crock pot and yes, they cooked while I cleaned) after they were done and my closet was organized, I cut up the chicken, added a can of tomato sauce, some enchilada seasoning and let it cook on low for a few hours. How many hours? Maybe 3? But I couldn't rightly say. Anyway, as soon as it was "done" I scooped some in a bowl and topped it with cheddar cheese and some pieces of a flour tortilla. Really, I wish I used tortilla chips for crunch so maybe I'll do that tomorrow for lunch. I don't think I should take full credit for this creation because I did somewhat follow the back of the enchilada seasoning packet, minus the ingredients boiling, oven baking, tortilla rolling, sauce dividing, 15-20 minute oven baking and cheese bubbling. But you understand!

After that, I made "Lemon Melt Away Cookies" for a friend. I'm not certain if we'll still be friends tomorrow because they are certainly not like the ones my mama makes....they tasted ok but the presentation is lacking. Oh well!

Fear not, I didn't stop there! I also put together a "Honeycombed Coffee Cake" and put it in the fridge for breakfast tomorrow!!! All I have to do is add the butter, lemon juice, bake it and then add the honey! I am so excited! HCC was a staple for breakfast in our house on the weekends and whenever we weren't in a rush to get out the door and I haven't made one in so long. I'm excited to enjoy it tomorrow morning but sad that they cancelled all of the church services for tonight and tomorrow. It's just so icy!

I did leave the apt for about 5 minutes today (in my pj bottoms of course, with my winter coat and gloves) to bring a bag of trash to the dumpster and the snow was just covered in ice. Crazy!

Hope everyone had a great day! It's snowing again here...yay!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it when my closet is organized - but I'm like you, it gets out of hand very quickly. We live in a really small house and I tend to have the same problem. My clothes are in bins under my bed, some in my husbands drawers and some in another bin in the corner of our bedroom. I really need to work on that!

    Girl, you did some major cooking! I'm so impressed :)

    Good luck with all the snow! We stuck inside again today - not sure how it will be for work tomorrow?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one productive girl Delaware!! Good for you. Now get outside in the fresh air!!! :)

    ReplyDelete