Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sick Computer

Last Tuesday, my computer came down with a "virus"...or so I thought. It was a BUSY day at work, I came home, heated up dinner (remember last Monday and that random crock pot meal I made...it was super yummy) and turned on my laptop so I could eat and work on a few projects for work.
Or so I thought.
My computer decided to flash many bad messages and breach of Internet security blah blah blah. So, I ended up going back to work to finish a few things. I had a really busy Wednesday to Saturday so by the time I got home each night, I was so tired I didn't even feel like turning on my laptop.
I was off on Sunday, so I headed out of town to meet a friend and her fiance for lunch, did some shopping for the week and came home and cleaned.
Today, I decided to give my laptop another try. I turned in on and wa la! It works! No threatening messages, no bad pop ups.

I'm thankful for a working laptop but at the same time, I think it was Gods way of saying "Megan, take a break, it's a busy week, just take a break from online." And I did. And although it was weird to be disconnected from the online world, it was nice.

But...now I'm off to catch up on the weeks worth of online reading I didn't do.

1 comment:

  1. It is nice to be unplugged occassionally. I've tried to limit my computer time at home. Like not getting on it when I come home from work till I have actually decided that I'm ready to unwind. [If not, it'll be time to go to bed and I've wasted two or three hours!]. It's been really nice.

    ReplyDelete