Monday, January 18, 2010

My Day Off

Today is my day off for the week...YAY! So what have I done so far? Well,

I woke up at 7:45
made an omelet for breakfast (thanks to the awesome omelet maker my grandparents gave me for Christmas)
washed the dishes (thanks to the dishwasher)
did all of my laundry
made candied pecans....yes the recipe follows :)
put dinner in the crock pot!

Really, I completely made up my dinner...I put 2 frozen chicken breasts in the crock pot and put it on high for maybe an hour, took the chicken out, cleaned out the pot, put in half a jar of spaghetti sauce, cut up chicken, some random spices and let that cook on low for a couple of hours, then i added some mozzarella cheese for the fun of it and now it's on "keep warm". Really, it's done but I'm not hungry yet. I think I'll serve it with some noodles and I may run to the store for a veggie and to get out.

I feel pretty productive and it's not even 2:30!

Oh and the pecans, super yummy and super easy!

You will need:
1 egg
cold water
1 lb bag of pecan halves
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt

Beat 1 egg white until it is stiff. Add 1 teaspoon cold water. Pour this over 1lb pecan halves and stir to coat each piece.

Mix 1 cup sugar, 1 tablespoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon salt.

Pour this mixture over the nuts and stir to coat

Bake at 275* for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.

Cool and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. well, how was it? You made me hungry!! You had it going on today...can't believe you were up so early on your day off!

    ReplyDelete