Friday, January 15, 2010

Random Stuff for a Random Dozen

It's Friday night.

As much as I would love to go to bed, I didn't get home from work until 7:30. I made dinner, can't figure out how to turn the tv on (roomie got a Wii and well, it's still set up for some Wii action, not tv viewing and I'm remote challenged) so I thought I'd blog. I don't really have anything exciting to say, so I'm "borrowing" this topic from "Love Being A Nonny" I don't think she'll mind! If I knew how to add her blog address, I would. But I don't. And I have 3 followers, which probably means those same 3 followers are the only 3 people that read my blog, so it's probably not necessary. But thanks for understanding!


The Random Dozen


1. When was the last time you craved a food--what was it, and did you cave?
Tonight! I wanted (and still kind of want) Chicken Teriyaki w/fried rice, broccoli and carrots from Tokyo Express (one of the best hole in the wall places ever)...but I'm over an hour and a half from Tokyo so it's a no go....meaning I did not cave!


2. M & M's or Skittles?
M&Ms! Generally peanut, though I do love the almond ones. I also think the plain minis taste better than the standard sized minis



3. Have you ever read the Bible completely through?
No, but I should and I want to


4. How long does it take you to really wake up in the morning?
Once I'm up, I'm good to go. I wake up, shower and can tackle anything! Some mornings, I set my alarm for 15 extra minutes....but really, it's a tease because I'll set my alarm to wake up at 6:30, the extra 15 makes it 6:45 but really, I wanted to get up at 6:45 anyway! I'm tricky like that!

5. Have you ever been on a cruise?
Yes! In fact, here is a photo. I was blessed to go on a cruise last May with some awesome friends and we had a blast!

This was in Belize...and I had a little bit of an "issue" with the lack of air circulation and the choppy waters. This may have been the best I looked the entire trip and judging by this picture, that is SAD...I dare not show the photo of me with my head hanging out of the very small window.


And here we all are after we got on the boat and we were given the ok to explore!



6. Who is your favorite actress?
Anyone that can make me laugh. I don't really have a favorite but I like Sandra Bullock, Anne Hathaway, Reese Witherspoon, Kate Hudson... really, I don't like Renee Zelweger or Drew Barrymore. Sorry gals!



7. Death too young is something that I will just never understand.


8. How much of a technology junkie are you?
I somewhat understand computers. I can figure most things out. But, I left work today and after sitting in the office for 30 minutes, still could not get the computer and the printer to communicate so I guess I'm not that much of a junkie

9. Do you enjoy selecting greeting cards for people, or is it more of a cultural "have to" for you?
I LOVE to read, pick and send cards! Ahh! I really do love it! In fact, it's my New Years Resolution to do it more, spontaneously rather than just for a special occasion!


10. When was the last time you got a new style/haircut?
It's been a long time....like early November. I used to go every 6 weeks on the dot...but I moved...and well, I haven't found anyone in the QC but I also haven't looked. I have gone back to the old stomping grounds twice to get my hair cut though!


11. What do you enjoy shopping for most?
Food. I find the grocery store to be relaxing and I like to cook/bake. I've also been known to walk aimlessly around Target just for the fun of it. I probably need a hobby. Or need to meet people in the QC.


12. What's the last thing you think of before you leave the house?
"Did I unplug everything?"

3 comments:

  1. So, my niece does hair..........Her salon is *Comfort and Joy*. My daughter G, and her kiddos and hubby go there too...look her up...you'll be glad you did. Her name is Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, I can help you with #9. We have a great system to send real cards from your computer to someone's mailbox. We print, stuff, stamp and mail for you. Pick from 15,000+ cards. You will increase your spontaneity 100%. Enjoy a couple of cards on us.
    Lynn and Rick
    http://sendoutcards.com/lynnandrick

    ReplyDelete