Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Hello Blog World, It's Me, Megan!

I "forget" to blog because I remember to go to work, cook, clean and sleep. I also feel like I haven't done anything worthwhile, gone anywhere exciting, found anything humorous or really have much to report at all.
So let's recap some things!

TV:
I was amazingly disappointed with the Grey's premiere. My favorite premieres happened to be NCIS, Big Bang Theory and Glee. Naturally, DWTS is always new and exciting...each week is like a premiere week! I thought everything else was just sort of blah. It seems to be a slow intro to this season of television viewing which means only good things are to come! I'm excited about watching everything else again this week/weekend.


LIFE:
I played Bingo with some people that live in the same apartment complex the other night as part of a "Social Night Among Residents" and won a $5 gift card to Target! It was pretty awesome.

I went to Hob Lob to look for some inspiration to hang on my living room/bedroom walls since they are empty and sad. I don't really know what I want but I know I'm tired of looking at nothing! I kind of think I want a skyline picture in black and white to hang above my tv....just need to find what's in my head. Anyway, I ended up buying a super cute Halloween sign to put outside of my apartment...and it was 50% off!


I'm excited to decorate for Halloween. I've never had my own apt to decorate. I kind of want to have a Halloween party too! Really though, I just want to carve a pumpkin.


BAKING:
I decided since it's Fall and Football Season, I needed to make Buckeyes! Let's be clear that I am not an Ohio State/Big Ten fan, but I enjoy consuming Buckeyes. I've never really made them myself, I've either had them from the lady who shared the recipe with me (who happens to be from Columbus and an OSU Grad) or my Mom has made them.

I'm a firm believer that it's all about the Nabisco Grahams and the Skippy PB (even though I eat Jif if I'm making a sandwich...weird, I know)

I was not aware of how much of a mess I would make. It may have something to do with the fact that I tend to not choose a pot/pan/plate/bowl big enough...

Yes, I did use a metal spoon with that pot. I'm sorry Gramma, you did teach me better but I didn't obey. I did not however scrape it along the sides/bottom...I used that spoon to scoop out the mixture. Yum!


I was also unaware of how long it would take to form the peanut butter balls. This is half of them. I probably would've made more but I was getting bored and well, I ended up with Buckeyes the size of golf balls towards the end!
I did not take a picture of the dipping process or the finished product but I will tell you, they were amazing! I gave away a good portion of them, ate some and still have a container in the freezer for whenever I feel like some PB&Chocolate goodness!
That's about it for now!

1 comment: