Monday, September 13, 2010

Great Pumpkin

I've been to

3 different grocery stores

2 general merchandise stores

2 random stores


No one had canned pumpkin.


I started calling different stores that were not even in the same zip code in which I reside and found a store 35 minutes from where I live that had canned pumpkin!

JACKo lanternPOT!


I bought the LAST and ONLY 60 cans.

I didn't even save 1 for the poor soul to follow in my footsteps.

I felt bad.

For 3 seconds.


I called Nestle since they manufacture Libby's canned pumpkin.

Due to weather and smaller harvests, canned pumpkin will most likely not hit shelves until early October. They hope to have it out end of September but couldn't make any promises. So they offered to send me coupons and recipes.
The other day I checked my mail and found a letter from the gentleman I spoke to and 20 recipes using canned pumpkin.
It was bittersweet.
I'm looking forward to making pumpkin goodies but sad because NO ONE has any canned pumpkin left from last season and this seasons batch hasn't hit shelves.
What's a girl to do?

The fine people at Nestles/Libby have no idea that I have a blog let alone do they know I wrote this post. Hope that covers all legal stuff! :)

2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding? Did you REALLY buy 60 cans? No way. tell me you are kidding. If you DID, share girl share! Are you kidding? Answer me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! yeppers! The entire store looked at me like I was crazy! We need them for work, so it was buy big or go home! :)

    I do have my very own larger can from last season...I'd be willing to give it to you for no fee at all!

    ReplyDelete