Thursday, March 24, 2011

Good People

This is a random post, but I want to remember the good in the world. :)

I LOVE my mechanic.
My car needed a routine oil change but the check engine light came on at the beginning of the week so yesterday morning I dropped off my car and explained what was up. Mr. Mechanic said he'd change the oil and figure out why the engine light was on and would keep me posted. Now, had I gone to the place I went to before I found Mr. Mechanic, they would've found everything under the sun that I'd need to fix. That's why I am no longer a customer of theirs. Anyway, I spent a good 10 minutes on the phone with Mr. Mechanic yesterday enforcing that I trusted him/his opinion and valued his honesty and approach and that for as long as I live where I live, he'll continue to be my mechanic. That's how much I love this place. So when we collectively decided that a new or new-to-me car is in my very near future, I knew it was the real deal and not him just saying I should pour a ridiculous amount of money into a car that most likely won't make it to March 2012. Mr. Mechanic also said he'd check any car I think about purchasing to make sure it'll be a great experience. How awesome is that! It was just such a great feeling.

Today at work, a sweet older gentleman, after a few minutes of general conversation, asked me if I would come speak to his Rotary Club at their next lunch meeting. ME. The "guest speaker". I'm thinking the members would be rather disappointed because I'm not certain that I fit any of the requirements to be a guest speaker but Mr. Rotary Club member was just adorable and so sincere. He was in a beach music band while in college, had 2 jobs and is now happily retired so he, as he put it, "just runs around all day doing his honey do list and giving back to the community since he wasn't able to when he was working". Mr. Rotary Club member and his wife are some of the sweetest people and he just made my day.

I think it's important to remember the good people in life because sometimes the day to day craziness can get one down. Too often someone has a bad encounter early in the morning and it just passes on to each person they come in contact with and pretty soon everyone is miserable. (much like the HIMYM episode with Marshall screaming at everyone because he had a horrible day at work)

Let's all just be happy! :)

1 comment: