Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Snapshot

Today's sermon was a two part sermon titled "Honorology".
Part 1 was today, Part 2, next week.


It was based off of honor and Malachi 1:6-

Honor- to value, worth, weight
Dishonor-to treat something as common or ordinary.

Honor elevates. Dishonor decimates.

Where is the Honor?
Ephesians 6:1-4
1 Peter 3:7
1 Timothy 6:1
Romans 12:12

3 Truths about Honor
1. The level of honor you give is determined by the amount of value you perceive.
When you honor, you protect, praise and prioritize

2. The level of value you receive is determined by the amount of honor you give
Matthew 13:53-58

3. Honor is about what you decide, not what they deserve
Romans 5:7-8 1 Samuel 2:30

Speaking of Honor, I enjoy posting Sunday Snapshots because it keeps me accountable and I find it to be a great recap of each weeks sermons and offer reflection. However, I know I do NOT do Pastor Steven's sermons justice with my brief recap. There's just something about being there and sensing the energy and excitement. It's kind of like regardless of where you sit, it feels like a major sporting event every time I sit down but the cool thing is, my team always wins because God always wins! :) I a beyond blessed to have found this church!

No comments:

Post a Comment