Thursday, April 14, 2011

Soapbox.

You know what REALLY bothers me? Customers that come into a retail establishment and are chatting away on their cellular device and attempt to place an order and ask questions while still talking. It really bugs me when said person continues to talk while paying for their order. I also don't like it when I'm talking to someone about their order or they are at the register and we're discussing the next steps and their phone rings and they answer it. I think it is rude and disrespectful. If your conversation is that important, finish it in the car. If someone is calling you, wait the 30 seconds it's going to take for me to finish and call them back. I'm certain all phones have voicemail and they'll leave one or if someone is calling you, in 30 seconds they are still going to be near the phone to answer when you call them back. I had a customer this morning come in, we were discussing her order and her phone rang. She rudely answered it and proceeded to have a long conversation. So, I helped the next customer who happened to be waiting in line properly and was not carrying on a conversation for the whole world to hear. I was in the middle of helping the nice, no phone customer when cell phone lady shouts "excuse me, I'm ready" I politely looked at her and told her I was with a customer and she'd have to wait. REALLY?!?!?! You're going to say that to me after in the middle of a sentence you answered your phone! People these days! No manners. Emily Post would be sad! What are your thoughts regarding cell phone etiquette?

1 comment: