Friday, October 22, 2010

The fabric store

Adventures with the one and only ABC
would also be great entertainment for my Reality Show

The other day, Adrienne and I went to a local fabric store to look for fabric to make cushions for a window seat in the library room of ABC & JMC's house. Clearly, we didn't really know all that was involved with fabrics and the whole window seat gets directly sunlight/fading issues/fabric weight/indoor outdoor and all of that happy stuff.

Really, we just wanted to walk in, be inspired and pick some fabric!

This sign also helped...


And carrying around this yardstick made me look really official!


Perhaps me thinking (from afar mind you) that ABC found fabric that was Princess prints got us off on the wrong foot...



But the best part of the excursion was Adrienne finding these birds (in green and black) but liking the lattice fabric (I kind of hinted that I really like it....a lot) so we got samples and did some moving and well, if the store has cameras, we are probably on YouTube by now. While putting the birds on the black and white, we kind of knocked down the entire display. Everyone stared, we were a bit shocked...we looked around and within 30 seconds we were hysterical. Sadly, no one else laughed.



I really think the following fabric would make AWESOME dresses!


Sadly, I don't have a picture, only a fabric sample of "Lovely Lattice by Waverly" in green that I think would be an AMAZING strapless dress with a black cardigan and black heels! Or White! Or Navy Blue! Yes folks, the fabric was that versatile!

Needless to say, A brought some fabric samples home (we had quite a few that I didn't photograph) and now she and J have to decide what they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment