Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Halloween 2010

I am fully aware that this post is almost an entire month late. But, better late than never, right?!
Today, I bring you Halloween 2010
My inside "decorations" complete with an Apple Cinnamon Candle burning!
The hilarious card my mother sent me

It's funny because I called her about sheets!

As you know, I mentioned that I really wanted to have a Pumpkin Carving Party!
Well, since I live in an apartment and don't really have a whole lot of space for a group of people and their pumpkins (and don't really want pumpkin guts on my carpet/my apartment to smell like fresh pumpkin), we had a party at Adrienne's.

My mother sent me a recipe for "Melting Witch Puddles"....the photo attached to the recipe was awesome, mine, not so much.

Adrienne was supposed to make Nutter Butter ghosts, but somehow she handed me a bag containing white chocolate and Nutter Butters with a look of disgust and made me dip them for her :)

Since I was handing out candy at Adrienne's, I didn't want to be the mean neighbor so this is what I left:

I took my candy to A&J's the night before, but at 3:30 in the afternoon Buzz Lightyear knocked on my door....so I gave him Oreo 100 calorie packs, fruit snacks and Coconut M&Ms. I decided to take what I mini bagged item I had in my pantry but wasn't in love with and use it as my Halloween treat. The way I see it, it's better than giving out canned veggies and salsa.
In case you 're wondering, I carved the Panther logo in my pumpkin but wrote "Panthers" with a Sharpie underneath the logo instead of carving the letters. The carving contest was getting cold and dark (we carved in the driveway) and I couldn't feel my fingers to continue gutting and carving. Needless to say, I was not crowned the winner of the "1st Annual Carving Contest" Boo!
Hope you're Halloween (last month) was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment