Monday, November 16, 2009

God thinks He's funny!

I went to get my car oil changed today for the first time in this new city. This meant leaving the comforts of the same small, family owned, next to a really good also family owned restaurant, that I've been too for the past 4 years, give or take a few oil changes. Already, I was sad to be out of my comfort zone and having to meet new car people that I don't yet know or trust. I have an older car and I'm a girl so naturally I don't deal well with car stuff and often feel like I'm being taken advantage of when I go to new places, hence my hesitation.

I'm a multitasker and I don't like to waste time so I decided that it would be best if I went to the Meineke Car Care Center that was going to be on my way to the interstate so I could head to Ikea and a few other places after that. In my mind it was a great plan and I was thinking I'd be there for 30-45 minutes tops and I'd be on my merry way to craziness to be found inside Ikea! Well, God had another plan.

I spent 3 hours sitting on a bench outside of the garage waiting for my car to be fixed. What was supposed to be a simple oil change turned into a cracked radiator that needed to be fixed immediately, a very costly oil change, and 2.5 hours more than I had "scheduled" into my day.

After being told the "severity" of a cracked radiator and being informed of the price to get a new one, I was shocked and upset to say the least. Thankfully, it was a beautiful day so I chose to sit outside and watch the cars drive by. I've passed this same sign before, but today I took this picture and had to just laugh and think "I have a blog now and I so need this for my next post"

How funny is God though? Here I am, sitting on a bench, outside of a car place, crying (i'm not an emotional person, I was just sleepy and worked for 11 days straight and had so many things to accomplish on my day off) as I write my Mom an e-mail because I was just distraught over an unexpected financial bombshell and God is telling me, on a huge sign, to not worry but to pray. So on that bench I did just that. I prayed to God for wisdom, guidance and the ability to rise above unexpected costs and to be thankful that I have a car and a job. And when I was done praying, my Mom called, and I cried some more and after all the talking, crying and praying, my car was done. And God was right. I need not worry about anything, but just pray because He hears our prayers.

I did still make it to Ikea and for the first time since I've moved here, I am going to sleep in my own bed tonight! YAY! God is good!

Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry about your car troubles but I had to smile when I saw the sign. He DOES have a sense of humor...and aren't you glad?!! Hope today is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's crazy! I have had quite a few costly car repairs as well and I definitely understand the frustration!!

    ReplyDelete