Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Waxhaw

A few weeks ago, Adrienne and I decided to visit Historic Waxhaw for the afternoon.
It was a rather amusing trip to say the least and we saw the longest train ever!





It was a bit chilly so we went to the Dairy Barn for some Hot Chocolate. It was kind of like Cracker Barrel on the inside...they even had a cd player on the floor that filled the place with the sounds of crickets.
Sadly, we didn't ride Quick Silver ha ha

We found the coolest bookstore!!!!
And the man working told us everything we needed to know about books and Waxhaw. I think he may be the mayor...and if he's not, he should be! He even offered to take some pictures. I think our visit was the highlight of his day!

We walked across this bridge and as we walked you could her the birds chirping/tweeting.
They must live under the bridge.
The moon!
Thought this was cool

Yea, all the black specks by the water tower are the birds that live under the bridge...
And the massive train...
Overall it was a fun, random, trip!
I think everyone should visit "historic" places every now and then.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that little town! My sister and I use to go every year at Christmas!! Memories!!!!!

    ReplyDelete