Wednesday, June 23, 2010

blueberries

I LOVE Blueberries. I love blueberry waffles (specifically Kellog's Nutri Grain Blueberry....which I haven't been able to find in FOREVER). Blueberry bagels. Blueberry muffins. Love it all.

So my mother sent me a recipe for "Blueberry Dump Cake"

I made it yesterday. I "ruined" it. She never told me I needed to use FRESH Blueberries. I used FROZEN Blueberries (they were much cheaper). Yea, not smart. Frozen blueberries are really juicy.

Any, it's a GREAT recipe and one I think you should try. I reminds me of that recipe that Graham Crakas posted in the Fall for that Pumpkin thing....don't remember what it's official name was!

BLUEBERRY DUMP CAKE
1 box yellow cake mix
4 cups FRESH Blueberries
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350*

Mix berries, sugar and cinnamon together
Put in a 9 X 13 inch pan
Cover berries with dry cake mix
Pour melted butter over cake mix
DO NOT STIR

Bake for 30 minutes or until light brown

Serve warm or cold. With or without vanilla ice cream

Despite "ruining" mine...it was good!

No comments:

Post a Comment